Raleigh Government: Accident Resource Guide

Raleigh Government Services

After your car accident, you may require assistance from various government agencies in Raleigh, North Carolina. For example, the fire department may be the first responders after your wreck, providing emergency medical care. The Department of Motor Vehicles can be useful in locating your accident report, and you may need to speak to the police department and go to the courthouse if criminal charges were filed against the at-fault driver.

It is important that you understand what government services are available to you after you have been involved in a motor vehicle collision. We have compiled a list of government services and their contact information in Raleigh, North Carolina, for your convenience. Further, if you have not yet spoken with a personal injury attorney concerning your car accident, you may wish to locate on in your area.

Wake County Courthouse

There are two courthouse locations:
– 316 Fayetteville Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
– 300 S. Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
Phone: (919) 792-4000

If the other party in your motor vehicle accident was charged criminally for their actions, you may be required to appear in court to testify. Further, if you choose to file a civil suit for your case without the help of an attorney, you will speak with the Clerk of Superior Court in filing your civil claim.

Wake County Court Contacts

Wake County Sheriff's Office

330 S Salisbury St
Raleigh, NC 27601
Phone: (919) 856-6900

If your accident report was compiled by a sheriff’s deputy, the sheriff’s office may be able to help you locate your report.

Sheriff's Office Website

Wake County Public Library

4020 Carya Drive
Raleigh, NC 27610

Visit the website to find a branch close to you. After your Raleigh car accident, you may wish to research information regarding your case or simply read a book for leisure during your recovery. The Wake County Public Library can provide both of those things!

Wake County Library

US Post Office

505 Oberlin Rd Ste 110, Raleigh, NC 27605
Phone: (919) 420-5230

8710 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC 27617
Phone: (919) 781-5259

1 Floretta Pl, Raleigh, NC 27676
Phone: (919) 420-5230

7800 Falls of Neuse Rd, Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: (919) 846-1942

8081 Brier Creek Pkwy #101, Raleigh, NC 27617
Phone: (800) 275-8777

236 Sunnybrook Rd, Raleigh, NC 27610
Phone: (919) 322-3283

US Post Office Website

City of Raleigh Police Department

P.O. Box 590
Raleigh, NC 27602
Phone: (919) 996-3335

The police department may be able to provide access to accident reports compiled by an officer. Further, you may be contacted by the police department if charges have been filed in the accident.

Raleigh Police Department


Phone: (919) 715-7000

Contact the DMV if you wish to obtain your accident report. You may submit form and pay fees in person at:

DMV Headquarters
1100 New Bern Ave.
Raleigh, NC 27697

Or mail a money order or personal check for $5.00 to:

N.C. DMV Traffic Records Section
3105 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-3105

You may also contact the DMV to procure your driving record.

NC DMV Website

Wake County Detention Center

3301 Hammond Rd
Raleigh, NC 27610
Phone: (919) 773-7930

Detention Center

Wake County EMS

331 S. McDowell St.
Raleigh, NC 27601
Phone: (919) 856-6020

If you received emergency care after your accident from Wake County EMS, you may need to obtain your medical bills and records for your claim. To request bills, call McKesson at (844) 409-2031.

Wake County EMS

City of Raleigh Fire Department

Dillon Building
310 West Martin Street
Raleigh, NC
Phone: (919) 996-6115

The Fire Department may provide emergency medical services to you after an accident.

Raleigh Fire Department

Disability Services

NC Department of Health and Human Services
2001 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-2001
Phone: (919) 855-4800

After your Raleigh accident, you may be partially or permanently disabled in some capacity. To determine if you are eligible for disability services, contact Disability Determination Services through the Department of Health and Human Services at: http://dds.its.state.nc.us/

Disability Services

Department of Transportation

222 West Hargett Street, Suite 400
Raleigh, NC 27601
Phone: (919) 996-3030

Check out the following link for information regarding public transportation services in the City of Raleigh. If you need more information regarding public transit after you are involved in a car accident, please visit https://wallacepierce.com/durham-transportation/

Dept of Transportation

Office of the County Attorney

P.O. Box 550
Raleigh, NC 27602
Phone: (919) 856-5500

The Office of the County Attorney may become involved in your personal injury claim if the other party in your accident is a Wake County owned vehicle. This office represents the county in legal matters and negotiations.

Office of County Attorney

NC State Highway Patrol

Troop C Headquarters
1831 Blue Ridge Road
Raleigh, NC 27607
Phone: (919) 733-7952

A NC State Trooper may respond to the scene of your accident. If you wish to obtain your accident report, use the online search tool at the link provided.

Highway Patrol Reports

Tap to call: (855) 264-8616