Greensboro Government: Accident Resource Guide

Greensboro Government Services

After a car accident, there are several government facilities that may assist you in handling the legal aspects of your claim. If your vehicle is a total loss and you need to obtain a copy of the title, you will have to contact the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles. If the other party in the accident was charged criminally for their actions, you may have to speak to the police department or testify in court. Several government facilities create the accident report after investigating the collision, and this document may be vital to the success of your claim with the auto insurance company.

We have provided information for a variety of government services in Greensboro, North Carolina, that may assist you in your personal injury claim. Please find links to the website for each as well as contact information. Further, if you have not spoken with an attorney regarding your car accident, we suggest that you consider calling a Greensboro personal injury attorney.

Guilford County Courthouse - Greensboro

201 S Eugene St
Greensboro, NC 27401
Phone: (336) 412-7300

It is important to note that there are two locations for the Guilford County Courthouse – one in Greensboro, and one in High Point. Check the website for access to court calendars, schedules and contact information for important people at the courthouse.

Guilford Co Courthouse

Guilford County Sheriff's Office

400 West Washington St
Greensboro, NC 27402
Phone: (336) 641-3694

If the Sheriff’s Department responded to the scene of your accident, you may need to reach out to them to obtain a copy of the accident report. The administrative office is located downtown near the courthouse.

Sheriff's Office Website

City of Greensboro Library

Central Library
219 N. Church St.
Greensboro, NC 27401
Phone: (336) 373-2471

The Greensboro Public Library has served the area for over 100 years. Use the library branches as a resource while you recover from your accident and to research information related to your accident and claim.

Greensboro Public Library

U.S. Post Office

2941 Battleground Ave
Greensboro, NC 27408-2700
Phone: (336) 668-1375

610 Pembroke Rd
Greensboro, NC 27408
Phone: (336) 668-1375

4528 W Market St
Greensboro, NC 27407
Phone: (336) 668-1375

301 Four Seasons Town Center
Greensboro, NC 27407
Phone: (336) 668-1375

Greensboro Locations

Greensboro Police Department

300 W. Washington St.
Greensboro, NC 27402
Phone: (336) 373-2222

Greensboro police respond to the scenes of accidents and write reports that may be useful in your personal injury claim. Further, you may speak with an officer if there are criminal charges pressed against the at-fault driver.

Police Department


Contact the DMV if you wish to obtain your accident report. You may submit form and pay fees in person at:

DMV Headquarters
1100 New Bern Ave.
Raleigh, NC 27697

Or mail a money order or personal check for $5.00 to:

N.C. DMV Traffic Records Section
3105 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-3105

You may also contact the DMV to procure your driving record. See link for DMV locations in Greensboro.

Greensboro DMV

Guilford County Detention Center

201 S Edgeworth St
Greensboro, NC 27401
Phone: (336) 641-2700

Detention Center

Guilford County EMS

1002 Meadowood St
Greensboro, NC 27409
Phone: (336) 641-7565

Contact Guilford County EMS if you wish to obtain a copy of your itemized billing statement and medical records.

Guilford County EMS

City of Greensboro Fire Department

1514 N. Church St.
Greensboro, NC 27405
Phone: (336) 373-2356

The Fire Department may provide emergency medical services to you after an accident.

Fire Department

Disability Services

NC Department of Health and Human Services
2001 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-2001
Phone: (919) 855-4800

After an accident, you may be partially or permanently disabled in some capacity. To determine if you are eligible for disability services, contact Disability Determination Services through the Department of Health and Human Services at:

Disability Services

Department of Transportation

300 W Washington St # 321
Greensboro, NC 27401
Phone: (336) 373-4368

Visit this website for all things related to public transportation in Greensboro, North Carolina. If you would like further information about transportation after your car is damaged in an accident, please see:

Dept of Transportation

Office of the County Attorney

301 West Market Street, Suite 301
Greensboro, NC 27401
Phone: (336) 641-3852

If you were involved in an accident with a vehicle owned by Guilford County, then the Office of the County Attorney may handle the liability portion of your property damage and/or personal injury claim.

Office of County Attorney

NC State Highway Patrol

Troop D Headquarters
2527 East Market Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
Phone: (336) 334 – 5621

A NC State Trooper may respond to the scene of your accident. If you wish to obtain your accident report, use the online search tool at the link provided.

Highway Patrol Reports

Tap to call: (855) 264-8616