33/33

birdanex63

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:30 pm

The accident report says "33 and 33" under the contributing circumstances section. I met with a lawyer and they said they couldn't help me because of that. What does 33/33 mean?

Richard Dingus

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:45 am

Thanks for the post, and I am sorry to hear about your accident.

Typically, an officer will put a contributing circumstance of 33/33 when he is unsure as to whom exactly caused the accident. 33/33 stands for unable to determine. You will see this coding often times with accidents that occur in an intersection or in a highway that deals with lane changes. This simply means that the officer could not determine who caused the accident at the scene.

For more information on contributing circumstances please feel free to visit our article entitled Contributing Circumstances Codes.
Richard Dingus
Attorney and Counselor at Law

• Durham • Raleigh • Greensboro

We aim to be your best option for finding a Raleigh injury lawyer, Durham injury lawyer, or Greensboro injury lawyer.

IMPORTANT: Attorney's response to the posted topic or question is based and related to only those facts originally provided by the user, and as such is not intended or meant as a complete response to the posted topic. We recommend that you obtain a complete explanation of your legal needs by (1) consulting with a lawyer licensed to practice in your jurisdiction after (2) thoroughly explaining your case and (3) allowing the lawyer to research the relevant law in order to render a complete and accurate opinion related to your legal needs. This information, and all information provided, is intended only as an academic discussion of the law in North Carolina. We recommend that you consult with a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction before taking any action. All information in this general forum is available for public view, possibly including the opposing party or counsel, and is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship with any individual. All information provided is for informational purposes only.

• Information