Just got in wreck

godzillamagic

Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:20 pm

I just got in a wreck yesterday. Who do I call first? Should I call my auto insurance company, or the other lady's, and can I tell them about everything? Don't want to screw my claim up by saying too much. Appreciate it.

Richard Dingus

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:15 am

Thanks for the post!

You will want to contact both insurance companies starting with your own. I would be very cautious with the information you provide to the insurance company, especially to the at-fault party's insurance. Remember the old adage, "What you say can and will be used against you," well that is alive and well in North Carolina. Therefore, I would caution you in the amount of information you provide, especially with information relating to how the accident happened and your injuries. Sometimes less is more, and often times that is the case when speaking with insurance companies.

Thanks again for the question, and I hope this helped.
Richard Dingus
Attorney and Counselor at Law

• Durham • Raleigh • Greensboro

We aim to be your best option for finding a Raleigh injury lawyer, Durham injury lawyer, or Greensboro injury lawyer.

IMPORTANT: Attorney's response to the posted topic or question is based and related to only those facts originally provided by the user, and as such is not intended or meant as a complete response to the posted topic. We recommend that you obtain a complete explanation of your legal needs by (1) consulting with a lawyer licensed to practice in your jurisdiction after (2) thoroughly explaining your case and (3) allowing the lawyer to research the relevant law in order to render a complete and accurate opinion related to your legal needs. This information, and all information provided, is intended only as an academic discussion of the law in North Carolina. We recommend that you consult with a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction before taking any action. All information in this general forum is available for public view, possibly including the opposing party or counsel, and is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship with any individual. All information provided is for informational purposes only.

• Information