Ins comp giving hard time

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:20 am

Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:28 am

What do I do if the insurance company is giving me a really hard time and won't pay for my doctor's bills? The lady that hit me has Allstate and they told me over the phone that the "impact was minor" and there was no way I could be that injured. Well, I am and now I am stuck with doctor's bills for physical therapy I never wanted to do but had to because that lady slammed into the back of my car. What should I do? Do I need to hire a lawyer?

Richard Dingus
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:48 am

Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately, insurance companies often place a lot of weight on the causal relationship between the amount of damage to a vehicle and injuries. Insurance companies attempt to limit liability by not covering those medical expenses caused by an accident where the impact is considered to be "minor." An insurance company is only responsible for those medical expenses that are deemed reasonable and necessary; therefore, with minimal impact collisions, it is pivotal that you are able to prove that all your medical expenses are reasonable and necessary, as they relate to your injuries caused by the accident.

I would encourage you to try to get a licensed medical physician to write an opinion on the cause of your injuries and the recommended treatment plan. An opinion from a doctor can help establish that your injuries were likely caused by the accident and that your treatment plan is necessary.

With this being said, I would highly recommend that you contact a local attorney to schedule a consultation. Please feel free to use our Lawyer Locator Service to find an attorney near you.
Richard Dingus
Attorney and Counselor at Law

• Durham • Raleigh • Greensboro

We aim to be your best option for finding a Raleigh injury lawyer, Durham injury lawyer, or Greensboro injury lawyer.

IMPORTANT: Attorney's response to the posted topic or question is based and related to only those facts originally provided by the user, and as such is not intended or meant as a complete response to the posted topic. We recommend that you obtain a complete explanation of your legal needs by (1) consulting with a lawyer licensed to practice in your jurisdiction after (2) thoroughly explaining your case and (3) allowing the lawyer to research the relevant law in order to render a complete and accurate opinion related to your legal needs. This information, and all information provided, is intended only as an academic discussion of the law in North Carolina. We recommend that you consult with a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction before taking any action. All information in this general forum is available for public view, possibly including the opposing party or counsel, and is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship with any individual. All information provided is for informational purposes only.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest