Had reaction to medicine prescribed for injuries

demorrie

Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:03 pm

I was seen at the ER after an accident 2 weeks ago and was prescribed a pain medication. I had a bad reaction as it gave me severe chest pains and breathing difficulty and I ended up back in the ER within 48 hours. I have since gotten those bills in the mail. Can I send these bills to the insurance company?

Demi

Jared Pierce

Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:38 pm

Demi:

In North Carolina, an at-fault driver is responsible for all injuries he or she causes. Should you be able to prove that the medication that you were prescribed that caused the reaction was given to you because of your accident related injuries, you may have a strong argument to say that the medication related injuries arose out of being injured in the car accident and could be expected after an accident.

I would be careful in how you present this medication related treatment to the insurance company and I would recommend spending time gathering other documents and records to show that the medication was given because of the accident.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Jared W. Pierce
Attorney and Counselor at Law

• Durham • Raleigh • Greensboro

We aim to be your best option for finding a Raleigh injury lawyer, Durham injury lawyer, or Greensboro injury lawyer.

IMPORTANT: Attorney response to the posted topic or question is based and related to only those facts originally provided by the user and as such is not intended or meant as a complete response to the posted topic. We recommend that you obtain a complete explanation of your legal needs by (1) consulting with a lawyer licensed to practice in your jurisdiction after (2) thoroughly explaining your case and (3) allowing the lawyer to research the relevant law to render a complete and accurate opinion related to your legal needs. This information and all information provided is intended as an academic discussion of the law in North Carolina. We recommend that you consult with a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction before taking any action. All information in this general forum is available for public view, possibly including the opposing party or counsel, and is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship with any individual. All information provided is for informational purposes only.

• Information